#CloudAnywhere Extends IT Beyond the Datacenter
by Jeff Lundberg on May 21, 2013
This morning, HDS announced a number of new cloud enabling technologies, delivery models and partner programs that enable our customers to extend their existing enterprise IT to embrace cloud solutions. This approach allows our customers to continue to take advantage of their existing infrastructure, consolidating and virtualizing it if need be, and then leverage one or more cloud-based approaches to extend their IT beyond the walls of their enterprise. In this way, they can deliver the services and information mobility their stakeholders need, from their own cloud, in their own way.
An exciting new solution is Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) Anywhere- the industry’s 1st integrated file sync and share designed for the enterprise and built by a single, well respected vendor. This integration-by-design puts HCP Anywhere ahead of the competition in security, ease of implementation, keeping IT in control. HCP Anywhere is:
- Secure: HCP Anywhere is an on-premise, private cloud solution that keeps data within the control and governance of corporate IT.
- Simple: Users download the HCP Anywhere client application from a portal or via the iTunes store, self-register their devices, and they are ready to go since it works just like other folders on their device.
- Smart: HCP Anywhere uses the backup, compression, single instancing, spin-down disk support, and metadata capabilities of HCP to create a highly efficient content sharing environment.
A new version of Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) plays an important and foundational role in the HDS cloud portfolio. With this announcement, HDS expands the robust capabilities of HCP as a cloud storage platform, featuring the most advanced metadata management in the market today. A more feature-rich metadata capability means HCP can better help automate operations, providing a strong foundation for a big data repository and helping find the right datasets for deeper analytics.
Also featured are new hosted cloud services from HDS. These include Hitachi Cloud Services, an extension of the enterprise into a secure, robust off-premise hosted cloud managed by HDS, and the Hitachi Cloud Service Provider Program, a partner provided public cloud offering built on HDS cloud infrastructure and solutions.
With today’s announcement, HDS delivers another milestone on its strategy for the cloud with solutions that first and foremost addresses what customers need. Our new and enhanced enabling technologies and cloud solutions help you:
- Choose the best possible solutions to address your needs, at your own pace, and in a way that makes sense for your business
- Solve the challenges you face today – and gives you a variety of new options to help manage the explosive growth of unstructured content and achieve the cost and flexibility benefits of the cloud by reducing CAPEX and OPEX
- Leverage cloud and file sharing technologies in ways that were never before possible. With these new offerings, you can be prepared for what’s coming next. (big data, bring your own device, next-generation file services, secure clouds, distributed IT, metadata-driven automation, management and analytics)