HDS @ #OOW2011
by Gary Pilafas on Sep 29, 2011
The first week of October marks the largest Oracle global event in San Francisco: Oracle Open World 2011.
HDS will once again be present at the show (booth #2101) where we will be previewing several new technologies and integration around:
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN); and
- Oracle Virtual Machine (OVM)
HDS will demonstrate the best in class functionality and integration around tools that Oracle database administrators use on a daily basis, allowing an enterprise DBA to manage enterprise database environments in one single pane of glass.
In addition to a set of rich tool sets, HDS will also preview the Hitachi Converged Platform for Oracle Database Reference Architecture, which allows for three key solutions:
1. Hitachi Compute Blade 2000 Model Servers with Brocade Fibre Channel Switches and Hitachi VSP and/or AMS Storage, which leverages our HDS differentiators.
2. HDS high performance computing platform, which includes the following differentiators in Hitachi servers over all competitors:
a. I/O Acceleration – Hitachi Servers use two dedicated PCIe connections per blade, which allows for anindustry best performance with our Partner Fusion-IO’s PCIe SSD Cards
b. Symmetrical Multi Processing (SMP) – Hitachi Servers use 2-blade and 4-blade SMP connections, allowing for the synergy of multiple blades to act as a single computer (64) cores and 1TB of memory
c. Hitachi Virtualization Manager (HvM), which allows our customers the opportunity to utilize logical partitions in both Oracle Single Instance and Real Application Cluster (RAC) environments
d. I/O Expansion Units –Hitachi 4-blade SMP, allowing for the connectivity of (4) I/O Expansion Units (IOUE) that can each hold (16) PCIe SSD Cards from Fusion-IO for a total (64) Fusion-IO cards, which would allow for a server based SSD pool of 76TB
3. The third solution is our Real Application Cluster (RAC) Platform, which includes HDD High Performance Computing Platform, consisting of Hitachi Compute Blade 2000 Model Servers with Brocade Fibre Channel switches and Hitachi VSP and/or AMS Storage.
Make sure you stop by HDS booth (#2101) at the show for a preview of all of these great tools!