We do love comments and are always excited to hear from anyone in our community, but we do need to exercise a degree of control over comments to keep the conversation focused and on-topic. Because of this, all comments will be moderated and will not be published until internally reviewed and approved. We do reserve the right to display comments in a variety of ways, including within the text of another blog, article or in advertising. But please do not let that discourage you from posting, we value thoughtful comments and most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive. Our bloggers also will respond to your on-topic comments.
This encourages more discussion and makes our blogs more valuable to you.
- Post off topic. Please submit comments to the appropriate blog post.
- Provide links on off-topic content. We will consider these posts as spam and they will not be published.
- Engage in personal attacks. Please play nice.
- Use harsh language, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), or post “snarky” and intentionally rude comments.
- Impersonate anyone else.
- SHOUT or be incoherent in your comments.
- Use obscene language or language that personally threatens individuals.
- Spam. Again, your comment won’t get published.
- Use keywords in author names – we prefer that you use your real name or your normal nickname. If we suspect you’re using an author name to simply include targeted keywords, we’ll delete your comment.
- Post inappropriate content. Inappropriate content includes any content that:
- infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person;
- is libelous or defamatory;
- is inflammatory; keep the conversation at a business level
- violates a person’s right to privacy;
- violates any local, state, national or international law;
- degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability or other protected classification.
Any violation of these rules will result in the deletion of your comment, and blocking you from commenting on this blog or other Hitachi Data Systems social media.